Request for Proposals (Due 11/30)
Design a “Movie Poster”!
Are you a visual artist or graphic designer? Do you like escape rooms? We are revamping our public space here at Escape New Haven. Our main hall (currently… pretty bland) will be transformed into a “movie theater” aesthetic, with large posters on the wall opposite the entry to each of our four games. That’s where YOU come in!
What we’re looking for in a proposal:
- A written concept for a 3′ x 4′ “movie poster” graphic, plus an optional sketch of your idea or a link to a related (existing) piece of art that gives us a sense of what you’re trying to achieve
- A link to samples of your past work
- Designs that are creative, fun, and in keeping with the game’s aesthetic
- One proposal per game, up to 4 total
Each successful proposal* will receive:
- A $200 payment for each final product — the artist will receive a commission to produce a 3′ x 4′ poster design, and Escape New Haven will purchase all rights associated with the image
- Exposure at a venue that sees 15,000 visitors per year and has over 6,000 followers on social media
- Your name and a one-sentence bio in vinyl below your poster (including your instagram or personal website)
- Printing, framing, hanging, and smaller-scale reproductions (which will appear on the wall along our main staircase)
How to Submit a Proposal
Design concepts can be as detailed as you like, but must include 1) a written concept, 2) a link to a selection of your past work, and 3) your name and contact information. Uploading a sketch or related concept photo is not required, but would help us envision what you’ve described in your written concept.
*A short list of our favorite proposals will be chosen by our staff, and then voted on by our Facebook followers.