Calling all escapists – Escape New Haven is hiring!
Our team is growing, and we want YOU to be a part of it! We are looking for one full-time employee to fill the roll of Operator. We offer a starting wage of $15/hr, with a raise to $17/hr upon successful completion of a 3-month training period. We are looking for someone who is creative, personable, and is available for 25 hours per week on nights & weekends, and an additional 15 flex hours during the week for routine maintenance and specially scheduled games. Start date is November 1 (interviews the week of October 10).
What does an Operator do?
Good question! The Operator’s primary job is to run Escape Room games, including:
- Greeting players as they arrive, signing them in, explaining the rules of the game, etc.
- Using our 8-monitor, 10-microphone, 10-camera setup to watch up to three teams play at once, while providing hints as needed
- Leading teams out of their scenarios, debriefing them, and showing them out
- “Resetting” everything in our four scenarios to its original position; repairing or replacing puzzles/decor as needed
The Operator will often be responsible for:
- Responding to e-mails, phone calls, etc.
- Scheduling private events and dealing with other special circumstances as they arise
- Following up with recent players via e-mails, team photos, etc.
- Managing the Escape New Haven social media presence
- Maintaining a clean space, well-stocked bathroom, etc.
- Anything else that needs to be done! (We’re a very small business, so everyone has to be ready to pitch in on whatever needs doing.)
Who should apply?
- Available 40 hours per week
- Personable / likes people
- Weekend availability: you prefer to work on weekends
- Tech savvy (social media, basic computing, electronics, willing to learn new skills)
- Hands-on: not afraid to work with basic hand and power tools
- Flexible: able to think on your feet and do what it takes to solve any problems that might arise
- Organized and analytical: able to keep track of numbers, documents, spreadsheets, protocols, etc
- Likes puzzles and games; likes or is interested in real-life room escapes
That’s perfect! How do I apply?!?
If you fit this description, go to escapenewhaven.com/apply to fill out our application and upload a résumé. Please pass this link along to anyone else who might be a good fit! And, as a reward for reading this far, we present a sneak preview of The Crypt: