Do you want to be part of a team that is dedicated to the idea that real life should be fun? At Escape New Haven, we are a group of passionate designers, makers, and gamers who have been producing and running cutting-edge escape games for the past five years.
Come join us!
(click for more info!)
Design Team Lead (Full-time)
You are responsible for the timely and efficient construction of state-of-the-art new escape games and other related products. You will manage staff and a budget, and you will also be the primary fabricator and installer of the resulting puzzles and decorations.
- Hours: 40-45/wk, Monday – Friday
- Compensation: $40,000 – $60,000 commensurate with experience and performance
Are you interested in a creative, technical, and leadership role in creating a premier real-life escape game? Do you want to lead and participate in the process of turning great ideas into a sensational production that thousands of guests will experience?
At Escape New Haven, we have been innovating in the escape room industry since 2014. We have produced 16 unique games, each getting progressively more ambitious in terms of technology, plot, and puzzles, in order to stay one step ahead of the rapidly growing competition and our customers’ increasingly sophisticated tastes. As Game Design Team Lead, you will pick up and carry this tradition into our next generation of products.
Over the course of a 9-month build, you will fill many different roles as you turn your team’s ideas into prototypes, and then finished products, and ultimately a fully-featured, customer-ready escape game. Your time will be spent:
- Facilitating and compiling the results of brainstorming sessions,
- Creating (and continuously updating) architectural models and game walkthroughs,
- Keeping the team up-to-date at staff meetings,
- Compiling a detailed labor and materials budget,
- Designing and reviewing others’ designs of puzzles, decoration, and effects,
- Maintaining a project management software tool and/or Gantt chart,
- Sourcing flooring, wall coverings, lighting, and other building materials,
- Sourcing custom-designed products and parts,
- Coordinating materials intake and organizing inventory to keep a clean workspace,
- Building and reviewing your and others’ prototypes,
- Building and quality controlling finished products before install,
- Organizing design and production files and digital resources,
- Overseeing transportation and installation of flooring, wall coverings, lighting, props, and electronics
- Coordinating alpha and beta testing
- Drafting and distributing documentation and manuals for operation and maintenance
- Advising and approving PR campaigns
In the remaining 3 months of the year, you will take a similar approach to smaller projects, such as upgrading existing games to state-of-the-art standards, designing and building smaller games for special events, and executing on any marketing opportunities as identified by the General Manager.
- 2+ years of project management experience (team of 3+, budget of $1,000+)
- 3D modeling/CAD experience
- Arduino experience
- Woodworking/carpentry experience
- Willing to relocate to New Haven, CT
Applications will be continuously accepted on a rolling basis. All bonuses, perks, and continued employment with Escape New Haven are subject to successful completion of a 6-month evaluation period.
Scroll down to apply!
Game Operator (Part-time)
You are the face of Escape New Haven, responsible for ensuring all of our guests have an exceptionally enjoyable and memorable experience from the moment they enter our venue, through the moment they leave. You will also curate and create content on our Facebook and Instagram pages.
- Hours (13h / week):
- Tuesdays 8:30pm – 10:00pm
- Thursdays 9:30am – 5:00pm
- Fridays 9:30am – 5:00pm
- Saturdays 5:30pm – 11:30pm OR
- Sundays 9:00am – 4:00pm
- Compensation: $15/hour, potential raise to $17/hour following successful training period.
- Greeting guests
- Fulfilling special customer requests
- Providing clues
- Facilitating the end-of-game experience
- Resetting games
- Maintaining a welcoming and clean atmosphere in our common spaces
- Curating social media pages
- Genuine love of helping and serving others
- Confidence speaking in front of large groups of people
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- High attention to detail
- Ability to handle challenging situations and perform multiple tasks at one time
- Ability to quickly develop proficiency in processes and software tools
- Familiarity with and interest in the escape room, broader gaming, and immersive theater industries
Scroll down to apply!
Step 1: Complete an application
Part 2: Send us your résumé
Please upload your résumé using the tool below (.pdf, .doc, or .docx). If you would like to send additional portfolio items or materials, or have a problem with the uploader, you can e-mail us at resumes [at] escapenewhaven [dot] com. We look forward to reading your application.